Obstacle Course Fun!

Obstacle course races are all over the place these days, and they are so much fun!

My two older daughters finishing Rugged Maniac at the Cloverdale Fairgrounds July 2017

Races like Tough Mudder (the original), Spartan Race, Rugged Maniac and Warrior Dash are encouraging all sorts of people to get out there and try something new; to challenge themselves!

You may not think you are strong enough or brave enough to try an obstacle course race, but you are!

I thought the same thing a few years ago, before doing Tough Mudder. I was SCARED!  A personal training client was doing it for the third time, and when she invited me I knew I couldn't turn her down.


I'm terrified here, before the race. June, 2015



We formed a team with some other ladies and had a really intense 18 km together in the cold and mud of Whistler. What a day; I 'll never forget it. This is making memories!

Now I've done Rugged Maniac twice (LOVE IT!), Spartan once, Battle Frog once, and Mudderella once. I'm planning on doing the Tough Mudder Half next (the full is pretty intense on my back).

We really did it for the post race beer!

It's so fun and exiting to put together a team of friends or family, train and have fun together before and during the event.

If you've never done an obstacle course race before, I highly recommend you try it! You will make memories to last a lifetime, and have some of the most fun you've ever had.
My oldest daughter and I at Spartan Race June 2017


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High protein foods- Navy Beans are Awesome!

Wine or Workout? From Bodybuilding.com

Low Back Pain- Exercises